(Regular posting will resume here at Gothic Charm School in February. Things have been very chaotic and stressful lately, which has led to a lack of writing.)
The Lady of the Manners gets political: The world has become a much scarier place for a lot of us, and we need to pull together.
- Stand with those who are at risk. Support immigrants, people of color, the LGBTA community, women, people with disabilities (visible or not), anyone who is “other” and is going to be a target.
- USA: VOTE IN THE 2018 MIDTERMS. Take back Congress.
- Donate, if you can. Time, energy, and money. Some organizations you might want to consider donating to:
- Planned Parenthood
- The ACLU
- Black Lives Matter
- The Southern Poverty Law Center
- The Trevor Project
- Immigration Equality
- The Wildlife Society
- the American Library Association
- Americans United for Separation of Church and State
- The Center for Reproductive Rights
- The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN)
- Local food banks
- Local shelters for at-risk people
- If you’re looking for actions to do, take a look at the Women’s March website: “EVERY 10 DAYS WE WILL TAKE ACTION ON AN ISSUE WE ALL CARE ABOUT, STARTING TODAY”.
Take care of yourselves, and take care of each other.